Learning a language is much easier when you have someone to help you.
ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
As a Part Time ESOL Lecturer at Leicester College in the UK, I work with lower-level learners who need to improve their practical English in order to study, find work, and integrate into British society.
Spanish Language Tuition
I studied Spanish at GCSE, A level and university. I have also travelled around Latin America and spent 15 years in Spain, so I can help you prepare for Spanish language exams, help improve your international communication skills, or get you ready for a holiday in the sun!
As a professional who has worked primarily on a one-to-one basis and with small groups, I have developed the skill set needed to support learners with specific needs, primarily related to work or study with English as an Additional Language.
Languages for Professionals
I provide both English and Spanish language training for professionals, online and face to face, usually intermediate and above (B1+). For more information see Language for Professionals.
English Listening Podcast
With my fellow language tutor, Michael Dewar, I co-host The English Waffle, a podcast to help advanced English language learners improve their listening skills by sharing real conversations. For more information see englishwaffle.co.uk.
English (as an Additional Language)
- One-to-one and group General English
- English for Professionals
- Needs-Based English language training for companies (see Languages for Professionals)
- Exam preparation (IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, Functional Skills English)
- I specialise in developing Speaking and Listening skills for Conversational English
- The English Waffle Podcast: https://englishwaffle.co.uk/
- Online courses for individuals or groups
- One-to-one and group courses for companies and organisations
- DELE preparation
- Exam Tuition:
- Common Entrance
- A Level
- International Baccalaureate (IB)